Gchi Miigwetch to the families who came out and cleaned up the community. We had many volunteers that enjoyed the day with a BBQ. We cleaned up over 200 lbs of garbage.
We would like to extend a Gchi Miigwetch to the local businesses who donated prizes for the Earth Day event.
- Garfield’s Store – donated Earth Day pins and t-shirts
- Cultural Centre – donated logo hats, bags, and t-shirts
- Rights & Resource Committee – donated gift cards
- Mike E. Taylor – 2 gift certificates for grass cutting services
- Rosey’s Trading Post – t-shirts
- Rory Cummings – wood bench
- Whetung’s Craft Shop – suit ties
- Oshgaamoog Store – Family Sign
World Environment Day was established in 1972 during the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment, which led to the creation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEO). Its aim is “encouraging worldwide awareness and action for the protection of our environment.