Would you like to become an Archaeological Field Technician?
Archaeology is the study of human activity through the recovery and analysis of material culture. The archaeological record consists of artifacts, architecture, biofacts or ecofacts, and cultural landscapes.
Does This Interest You?
- Work in the field of archaeology
- Learn archaeological field methods
- Identify artifacts
- Learn about culture and Ancient History on Traditional Territory
- Professional instruction in class and in field
- Laboratory methods
- Learn about conservation and collection
- Work as an Archaeological Monitor for the Williams Treaties First Nations.
- Further your understanding and interest in this field of work.
- Collections Management
- Heritage Consulting
- Cultural Resource Management (CRM)
ARCHAEOLOGICAL TRAINING TIMELINE:
July 23, 2018 to August 24, 2018
2 Weeks in Class (Peterborough Holiday Inn): July 23-27th & August 20th -24th
3 Weeks in Field (Site in Peterborough County): July 30th – August 17th
Please Sign up as soon as possible. There will be a $50.00 deposit at registration, this will be refunded upon completion of the course.
If you would like to register or have any questions please feel free to contact Julie Kapyrka or Kaitlin Hill, Lands and Resources Consultation Liaisons, at 705-657-8045 x 222 or via email at JulieK@Curvelake.ca and KaitlinH@curvelake.ca.