The beach results by the Peterborough Public Health Unit are in and Lance Wood Park is now open for swimming as of July 26th, 2018.
Testing at Henry’s Gamiing occurs on July 24th, 2018 and was safe for swimming.
For all the local beach testing, please visit the Peterborough Public Health Unit website – http://www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca/your-health/beaches-and-pools/beach-testing-results/
Beach Testing Results
Beach Sampling Testing Results:
- SAFE – Geometric Mean concentration of 5 samples with < 200 E.coli/ 100mL water and/or Single-sample maximum concentration with </= 400 E.coli/ 100mL water
- UNSAFE – Geometric Mean concentration of 5 samples with > 200 E.coli/ 100mL water and/or Single-sample maximum concentration with >/= 400 E.coli/ 100mL water
- CLOSED – Potential adverse events such as confirmed Blue-green algae bloom
Between sampling periods, the beach water may have unsafe levels of bacteria due to:
- Heavy rainfall
- Large numbers of water fowl
- High winds or wave activity
- Large numbers of swimmers